Paul Taylor Dance Company
The standard of excellence in modern dance
The world-renowned dance company brings the art of modern dance to Center Stage this August.
Paul Taylor (1930-2018) was one of the most accomplished artists this nation has ever produced. He established the Paul Taylor Dance Company in 1954, serving as both a virtuoso performer and a trailblazing choreographer until 1974 when he turned exclusively to choreography. During his 64-year career as a dance maker, Mr. Taylor helped define and shape the homegrown American art of modern dance through a matchless repertoire with an extraordinary range of subject matter. In 2015 he established Paul Taylor American Modern Dance with the goal of creating an institutional home for modern dance at New York’s Lincoln Center. Following Mr. Taylor’s passing, his hand-chosen successor, Company member Michael Novak, was named Artistic Director. Today, the Company performs Mr. Taylor’s repertoire, including 147 dances and other selections by outstanding modern dance choreographers, and has toured to more than 500 cities in 64 countries around the globe.
During Your Experience
- The Lobby will open an hour prior to any event, and the Theater will open 30 minutes prior.
- Patrons are permitted to bring full bottles of water only with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- As you enter the Theater, please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for touchless ticketing scanning.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- As of July 1, the state of Michigan has removed all mask requirements. Patrons choosing to continue masking should feel welcomed attending events.
Directors' Society Supporters
- Craig and Irene Rogerson