Can’t make it to a show? Just let us know!
We understand schedules get double booked and things come up. While tickets
are non-refundable, we are happy to help you with options:
SHARE: Reach out to family or friends who may want to attend but do not
have tickets yet.
EXCHANGE: Contact us to exchange your tickets for another event within
the 2020 Summer – Fall Season based on availability.
DONATE: If you wish to donate your ticket purchase, please contact us
so we can provide you with a gift receipt and offer your tickets to others
to purchase and attend.
Center & Box Office Hours
- The Box Office is not currently open.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Tickets will be e-mailed to you as there is no Will Call at this time. Please have your printed ticket with you and ready for scanning when you arrive.
- Please purchase tickets for the exact number of seats in your group. If none are available online, please contact the Box Office at 231.439.2610 or email@example.com.
- The Main Lobby and Theater will open 45 minutes prior to any event with the first 15 minutes being reserved for the self-identified vulnerable population.
- Our team is happy to assist you at our Main Office, in the green Bay Harbor Building across the street from the Center during regular business hours weekdays from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
Food & Drink
Each event will last approximately 60 minutes and will be presented without an intermission. Therefore, concessions will be closed during this time.
- Patrons will be permitted to bring full bottles of water with a lid that closes into the Theater as water fountains will not be available.
- Alcohol will not be permitted due to liquor license restrictions. Please do not bring alcohol to the venue.
Due to the current executive orders, we ask that all our patrons wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose in all common areas or when passing within 6’ of others. Masks are available to those who do not bring their own. As for attire, wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable! The type of performance can sometimes be the best indicator of what is most often worn by others. We ask that patrons refrain from wearing hats or other attire that could block lines of vision for others. Regardless of your choice, we want you to feel comfortable enough to truly enjoy your experience.
If you arrive after an event has already started, you will be seated at the appropriate time as instructed by the staff.
In case of emergency
For your safety, please notice the exit closest to you in case of an emergency.
If you feel any situation is unsafe, please reach out to the House Manager.
When attending an event at the Center, consider arriving early and traveling with only necessities for the evening. All bags and persons entering the venue are subject to search. The Center reserves the right to refuse entrance to any item deemed a potential safety or security risk or with the potential to be a distraction to the event.
The Center is ADA accessible and is happy to help with special needs you may have during your visit. Please e-mail the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to make special requests before the event you are attending. Hearing assistance headsets are available to be checked out at the Box Office before an event.
Cameras & Recordings
Audience photography, recording, or any other form of reproduction of the events may be prohibited based on the event. Recording for the purpose of distribution is always prohibited. Please pay attention to the pre-event information for event-specific guidelines.
However, we encourage all kinds of photos before an event begins. Be sure to tag us on social platforms so we can see how much fun you are having at the Center!
#GreatLakesCenterForTheArts #InspireEntertainEducate #LiveOnCenterStage
Please use discretion and careful thought when bringing a child to any of our events. All of our patrons’ comfort is important to us, including yours and your young person’s. Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter.
Our spaces such as the Community Engagement Room, Rooftop Terrace, Donor Lounge, and the Theater, are available for rent for your special occasion. Contact Property Sales Manager, Eric Leister at 231.439.2603 or email@example.com for more information.
The Center is a non-smoking facility.
Lost & Found
If you have lost an item, please call 231.439.2600 and ask to speak to the House Manager.