Q. Why am I unable to purchase a Box Seat?
Tickets can be purchased for sections A-D. Box seats are only available to box holders at this time. Contact the Box Office at 231.439.2610 or email@example.com the week of an event to inquire if box seating has opened up for purchase.
Q. What are the Fall – Spring Box Office Hours?
Fall – Spring Box Office hours begin Monday, August 19, as follows:
- Weekday events: Beginning at 5:00PM through the event.
- Weekend events: Beginning at 12:00PM through the event.
- Great Lakes Cinema Series events: Beginning 2 hours prior to show time.
- Business Office hours: During regular business hours 9:00AM TO 5:00PM
on weekdays, our Main Office is open across the
street in the green building on the second floor for
general and Box Office related questions.
Q. May I have my tickets mailed to me? When may I pick them up?
The Center is currently not mailing tickets for the 2019 Summer Season.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 21, you may stop by the Box Office to pick up your Season Subscriptions and Single Ticket purchases from 12:00PM – 5:00PM. Additionally, your tickets will be available at each event you attend under your last name.
- For those with single tickets, you have the option to print your tickets at home or have them held at Will Call for you.
Q. If tickets just went on sale, why are some events already sold out?
Subscriptions to 4 or more events went on sale in March. Consider being a subscriber for the next season to secure your seats earlier than the general public sale! There are also advanced ticketing periods, as part of our donor benefits.
Q. “I am unable to attend an event I purchased tickets for!”
We understand summer is a busy season and you may overbook yourself or have something come up! While our tickets are non-refundable, you still have some options.
- Share. Reach out to family or friends that may want to attend, but do not have tickets yet.
- Exchange. Contact us to exchange your tickets for another event or show, based on availability (some fees may apply).
- Donate. Tickets may be donated back to GLCFA and are tax-deductible.
Q. What do I wear?
Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable! We want you to feel most welcome, regardless of wardrobe. The type of performance can sometimes be the best indicator of what is most often worn by others. For example, the audiences might be dressier for a live theater event than they might be for a pop/rock concert, comedy or family show. Men often wear casual slacks with a button down shirt or sweater and jacket while others opt for jeans and a polo shirt. Some men even prefer wearing a suit. Attire for the ladies varies from dresses and skirts to pants and jeans. Regardless of your choice, we want you to feel comfortable enough to truly enjoy your experience.
Q. Can I take pictures or video at the events?
Audience photography, recording or any other form of reproduction of the shows is prohibited. But we encourage all kinds of photos in the Center, before the show. Tag us on social media if you want! #greatlakescenterforthearts #inspireentertaineducate #wherepassioncomesalive
- @greatlakescfa (Instagram)
- Great Lakes Center for the Arts (Facebook)
Q. Where are you located and where can I park?
The Center is located at 800 Bay Harbor Drive, in Bay Harbor Michigan. The Bay Harbor community is just west of Petoskey on US 31. Parking for the Center is located in the GLCFA Main Parking Lot, with an overflow lot to the south. (see diagram below)
Accommodations for handicapped parking are located in the front row, first four parking spaces of the Main Parking Lot. In addition, the Center’s porte-cochère may be utilized for easy drop-off at the main entrance to the building.
Q. Where can I view a seating map?
Q. Do you offer accommodations for accessibility?
The Center offers many accessibility services to ensure your visit is an enjoyable one. Please email the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to make special requests before the event you are attending.
Wheelchair accessible seating and companion seating are available for selection at the time of ticket purchase. Hearing assistance headsets are available to be checked out at the Box Office before an event. Elevator access is available for all levels of the Center.
Please feel free to call the Box Office at 231.439.2610, or e-mail email@example.com with any additional questions.