An Evening with Vanessa Williams
Multi-platinum recording artist and star of television, film and the Broadway stage, and one of the most respected artists in the entertainment industry today.
Having sold millions of records worldwide, Vanessa Williams has achieved numerous #1 and Top 10 hits on various Billboard Album and Singles charts: Pop, Dance, R&B, Adult Contemporary, Holiday, Latin, Gospel, and Jazz.
Vanessa's critically acclaimed work in film, television, recordings, and the Broadway stage has been recognized by every major industry award affiliate including 4 Emmy nominations, 11 Grammy nominations, a Tony nomination, 3 SAG award nominations, 7 NAACP Image Awards, and 3 Satellite Awards. Her platinum single "Colors of the Wind," from Disney’s Pocahontas, won the Oscar, Grammy, and Golden Globe for Best Original Song.
Her charitable endeavors are many and varied, embracing and supporting such organizations as Special Olympics, The Eye Bank, The Roundabout Theatre Education Program, and many others.
Vanessa also achieved a career pinnacle in 2007 when she was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Vanessa is one of the world’s most accomplished concert artists, appearing regularly with prestigious symphony orchestras in the world, most recently with the National Symphony Orchestra at The Kennedy Center. Her recent Broadway credits include co-starring with Cicely Tyson in The Trip to Bountiful, (the #1 play of the 2013 season), After Midnight (2014), and a special limited engagement in Hey, Look Me Over at New York City Center in 2018. Prior to the shutdown, Vanessa was set to start in Josie Rourke’s City of Angels in London’s West End.
During Your Experience
- The Lobby will open an hour prior to any event, and the Theater will open 30 minutes prior.
- Patrons are permitted to bring full bottles of water only with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- As you enter the Theater, please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for touchless ticketing scanning.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- As of July 1, the state of Michigan has removed all mask requirements. Patrons choosing to continue masking should feel welcomed attending events.