Pink Martini featuring China Forbes
Pink Martini is a rollicking around-the-world musical adventure… if the United Nations had a house band in 1962, they would be that band.
Featuring a dozen musicians with songs in 25 languages, Pink Martini brings its multilingual repertoire to Center Stage! Pink Martini made its European debut at the Cannes Film Festival in 1997 and its orchestral debut with the Oregon Symphony in 1998 under the direction of Norman Leyden. Since then, the band has gone on to play with more than 70 orchestras around the world, including multiple engagements with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl, the Boston Pops, the National Symphony at the Kennedy Center, the San Francisco Symphony, the Cleveland Orchestra, the Sydney Symphony at the Sydney Opera House, and the BBC Concert Orchestra at Royal Albert Hall in London.
Pink Martini has performed on concert stages and with symphony orchestras throughout Europe, Asia, Greece, Turkey, the Middle East, Northern Africa, Australia, New Zealand, South America, and North America. Pink Martini's first song – "Sympathique" (Je ne veus pas travailler) - became an overnight sensation in France and was nominated for "Song of the Year" at France's Victoires de la Musique Awards. Pink Martini has released 11 studio albums on its independent label Heinz Records, selling over 3 million albums worldwide.
Photos by Chris Hornbecker
During your Experience
- The Lobby will open an hour prior to any event, and the Theater will open 30 minutes prior.
- Patrons are permitted to bring full bottles of water only with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- As you enter the Theater, please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for touchless ticketing scanning.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- As of July 1, the state of Michigan has removed all mask requirements. Patrons choosing to continue masking should feel welcomed attending events.