Michael Feinstein, The Intimate Sinatra
5-time Grammy Award nominee
Michael Feinstein has built a dazzling career over the last three decades, bringing the music of The Great American Songbook to the world. From recordings that have earned him five Grammy Award nominations to his Emmy nominated PBS-TV specials, acclaimed NPR series and concerts spanning the globe – in addition to his appearances at iconic venues such as The White House, Buckingham Palace, Hollywood Bowl, Carnegie Hall, and Sydney Opera House – his work as an educator and archivist define Feinstein as one of the most important musical forces of our time.
Feinstein, a self-taught pianist originally from Ohio, has risen over his career to be one of the premier interpreters of American popular songs. Feinstein earned his fifth Grammy Award nomination in 2009 for The Sinatra Project, his CD celebrating the music of “Ol’ Blue Eyes.” The Sinatra Project, Volume II: The Good Life, was released in 2011. He released the CDs The Power Of Two – collaborating with “Glee” and “30 Rock” star Cheyenne Jackson – and Cheek To Cheek, recorded with Broadway legend Barbara Cook. For Feinstein’s CD We Dreamed These Days, he co-wrote the title song with Dr. Maya Angelou. Through his live performances, recordings, film and television appearances, and songwriting, Feinstein is an all-star force in American music.
During Your Experience
- The Lobby will open an hour prior to any event, and the Theater will open 30 minutes prior.
- Patrons are permitted to bring full bottles of water only with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- As you enter the Theater, please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for touchless ticketing scanning.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- As of July 1, the state of Michigan has removed all mask requirements. Patrons choosing to continue masking should feel welcomed attending events.
Directors' Society Supporters
- Bill and Marilyn Crawford
- Peter and Julie Cummings