Chicago born Grammy Award-winning jazz singer/songwriter
Renowned for his singular combination of full swing and poetic insight, Grammy winner Kurt Elling has secured his place among the world’s foremost jazz vocalists. Declared “the standout male vocalist of our time” by The New York Times, Elling has garnered unprecedented accolades, including a fourteen-year run atop the DownBeat Critics Poll, a dozen Grammy nominations, and eight Jazz Journalists Association awards for “Male Singer of the Year.”
Elling’s voice is instantly recognizable, embracing listeners with his warm, rich baritone and navigating the entire span of his four-octave range as a virtuoso instrumentalist and a compelling storyteller. Whether transforming timeless standards or crafting his enthralling originals, Elling balances elegant lyricism and technical mastery with wry humor, profound emotional depth, and keen observations into the human condition.
Photo by Anna Webber
Mammoth Takeover on the Terrace
Beginning at 7:00PM Mammoth Distilling will have delicious craft cocktails available for purchase on the Rooftop Terrace. Beverages will continue to be available through intermission and for this night only, enjoy your drink while you enjoy the show in the Theater!
During Your Experience
- The Lobby will open an hour prior to any event, and the Theater will open 30 minutes prior.
- Patrons are permitted to bring full bottles of water only with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- As you enter the Theater, please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for touchless ticketing scanning.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- As of July 1, the state of Michigan has removed all mask requirements. Patrons choosing to continue masking should feel welcomed attending events.
Directors' Society Supporters
- Peter and Marijane Thornton, Sr.