Brian Stokes Mitchell
Hailed as "Broadway's last leading man"
Brian Stokes Mitchell returns to Center Stage this August! Hailed as “Broadway’s last leading man,” Brian Stokes Mitchell brings his iconic voice and commanding stage presence to Northern Michigan. The two-time Tony Award-winning singer’s career covers Broadway, television, film, and concert appearances, including two performances at the White House. Stokes has worked with greats such as Marvin Hamlisch, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and even the Muppets!
He received Tony, Drama Desk, and Outer Critics Circle awards for his star turn in Kiss Me, Kate. He also gave Tony-nominated performances in Man of La Mancha, August Wilson’s King Hedley II, and Ragtime. Other notable Broadway shows include Kiss of the Spider Woman, Jelly’s Last Jam, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, and Shuffle Along. In 2016, he was awarded his second Tony Award, the prestigious Isabelle Stevenson Tony for his Charitable work with The Actors Fund. That same year Stokes was inducted into the Theatre Hall of Fame.
During Your Experience
- The Lobby will open an hour prior to any event, and the Theater will open 30 minutes prior.
- Patrons are permitted to bring full bottles of water only with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- As you enter the Theater, please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for touchless ticketing scanning.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- As of July 1, the state of Michigan has removed all mask requirements. Patrons choosing to continue masking should feel welcomed attending events.