The Center & COVID-19
The Great Lakes Center for the Arts is committed to providing a safe and healthy venue for all our patrons, artists, volunteers, and employees. The Center is keeping a light event schedule from now until the start of the Summer & Fall Season on June 19. Subscribe to the Center's weekly e-newsletter, follow us on social media, or check back here and be the first to know about updates and event information!
Although your experience may feel a little different, you can expect the same world-class talent on the stage or screen that you are accustomed to. We appreciate your continued understanding as we adjust to a new normal. The following policies meet the current state and local requirements and will continue to evolve as needed:
Upon Your Arrival
- For the health and safety of all, masks must be worn at all times when in the venue. Masks will be available to those who do not bring their own.
- Physical distancing between patrons not of the same household must be respected at all times.
During Your Experience
- The Lobby and Theater will open 30 minutes prior to any event. Patrons are asked to move directly to their seats upon entering the venue.
- Please limit lobby gathering before and after showtimes.
- Coat check will not be available at this time. Please take your coats with you into the Theater, coats may be placed on seats next to you.
- Patrons will be permitted to bring full bottles of water with a lid that closes into the Theater as water fountains will not be available.
- Alcohol will only be permitted via purchase at the Great Lakes Center for the Arts. Please do not bring alcohol to the venue.
- Ushers will not be touching tickets or escorting patrons to their seats. Please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for scanning when you arrive.
- Most events will be presented without an intermission and performances will be limited to 90 minutes.
- Patrons will be asked to exit by sections or rows to avoid crowding while exiting. Please adhere to all announcements before and after the event.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- For questions regarding ticket purchases, please contact the Box Office at 231.439.2610 or [email protected].
- All tickets to events must be purchased in advance of the event. All tickets are being emailed as Will Call is not available at this time.
What You Can Expect From The Center
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing are being conducted prior to, during, and following all events.
- The highest quality and EPA-approved cleaners are being used.
- Our air filtration system is optimized at the high standard of MERV 13 with filtered air cycled every 20 minutes.
- All public areas and restrooms are being sanitized before, during, and after events.
- Socially distanced seating and limited capacity have been implemented to ensure the safety of all.
- Employees and volunteers will be wearing masks at all times throughout the venue.
What We Ask From You
- Masks are to be worn at all times when in the venue.
- Please adhere to social distancing while in the venue.
- Be sure to bring your printed tickets with you, or have them pulled up on your device when you arrive.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home. Refunds or exchanges will be issued to anyone unable to attend due to an illness or exhibiting symptoms when they arrive.
- Take advantage of sanitizing stations located throughout the venue.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Great Lakes Center for the Arts you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Great Lakes Center for the Arts or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
All patrons are being asked to agree to an additional liability release waiver during their online ticket transaction: GLCFA-Liability-Waiver.pdf