The Center & COVID-19
The Great Lakes Center for the Arts is committed to providing a safe and healthy venue for all our patrons, artists, volunteers, and employees.
During Your Experience
- The Lobby will open one hour prior to the start of an event with the Theater opening 30 minutes prior.
- Please have your ticket(s) printed or open on your device and ready for scanning as you enter the Theater.
- Patrons will be permitted to bring full bottles of water with a lid that closes into the Theater.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
What you can expect from the Center
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing are being conducted prior to, during, and following all events.
- The highest quality and EPA-approved cleaners are being used.
- Our air filtration system is optimized at the high standard of MERV 13 with filtered air cycled every 20 minutes.
- All public areas and restrooms are being sanitized before, during, and after events.
- GLCFA staff will continue to adhere to MIOSHA guidelines. A high percentage of GLCFA staff are vaccinated and we continue to encourage doing so for those who are not.
What we ask from you
- Be sure to bring your printed tickets with you, or have them pulled up on your device when you arrive.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home. Refunds or exchanges will be issued to anyone unable to attend due to an illness or exhibiting symptoms when they arrive.
- Take advantage of sanitizing stations located throughout the venue.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Great Lakes Center for the Arts you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Great Lakes Center for the Arts or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
All patrons agree to this COVID-19 liability release waiver: GLCFA-Liability-Waiver.pdf