With a mission to inspire, entertain, and educate with year-round, world-class programming across all genres – music, theater, dance, intellectual dialogue, and education – the Great Lakes Center for the Arts serves as a cultural and social hub for Northern Michigan.
The 2020 Summer Season will include a gala event and more than 20 performances by numerous renowned artists and groups. The 527-seat, $30 million venue opened in July of 2018 and continues to offer exceptional programming year-round. The Center is a 501(c)3 with up to seven paid internship positions available for summer 2020 in the capacities below. All Great Lakes Center for the Arts interns will work alongside the entire GLCFA team. Interns will gain valuable experience in a variety of areas in arts management.
- Dates are flexible but generally will run May through August.
- Stipends will be $12 per hour, plus time and a half for overtime, up to 55 hours per week.
- Applications will be considered beginning immediately until all positions are filled.
- Interns must have a car at their disposal for the duration.
Housing location and costs are the student’s responsibility. Should you be selected for an internship and need housing, the GLCFA team will make every effort to help.
For details about the Great Lakes Center for the Arts, the internship opportunities, or other questions, please:
- Explore this website
- Call Heather Russell, Education Director, at 231.439.2604, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org