Great Lakes Center for the Arts is committed to providing a safe and healthy venue for all our patrons, artists, volunteers, and employees. In compliance with orders from The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the Center will be continuing the programming pause through the New Year. To stay up to date on updates and announcements, check back here, follow us on social media, and be sure you are signed up for e-news.
When the Center is able to welcome back an audience, your experience may feel a little different, but you can expect the same world-class talent on the stage or screen that you are accustomed to. We appreciate your continued understanding as we adjust to a new normal. The following policies meet the current state and local requirements and will continue to evolve as we advance through the various reopening phases:
- Masks are required in all common areas or when passing within 6’ of others. Masks will be available to those who do not bring their own.
- The temperature of all patrons will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be admitted into the venue and instructed to contact the Box Office for a refund or exchange.
- 6′ physical distancing between patrons not of the same household must be respected at all times.
- The Lobby and Theater will open 45 minutes prior to any event with the first 15 minutes being reserved for the self-identified vulnerable population. Patrons are asked to move directly to their seats upon entering the venue.
- Please limit lobby gathering before and after showtimes.
- The Donor Lounge will not be open while Theater capacity restrictions remain at 25%. Donor Lounge reopening will be revisited in 30 days.
- Concessions will not be available at this time.
- Coat check will not be available at this time. Please take your coats with you into the Theater, coats may be placed on seats next to you.
- Patrons will be permitted to bring full bottles of water with a lid that closes into the Theater as water fountains will not be available.
- Alcohol will not be permitted due to liquor license restrictions. Please do not bring alcohol to the venue.
- Ushers will not be touching tickets or escorting patrons to their seats. Please have your printed ticket ready for scanning when you arrive.
- Events will not include an intermission until further notice to avoid crowding. Performances will be limited to 90 minutes (or to 60 minutes if an artist is performing two times on the same date).
- Patrons will be asked to exit by sections or rows to avoid crowding while exiting. Please adhere to all announcements before and after the event.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use in various places around the venue.
- Please purchase tickets for the exact number of seats in your group. If none are available online, please contact the Box Office at 231.439.2610 or email@example.com.
- All tickets to events must be purchased in advance of the event. All tickets will be emailed to you as there is no Will Call at this time.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing is being conducted prior to, during, and following all events.
- The highest quality and EPA approved cleaners are being used and the facility is being treated with a Clorox T-360 electrostatic disinfectant for increased sanitation.
- Our air filtration system is optimized at the high standard of MERV 13 with filtered air cycled every 20 minutes.
- All public areas and restrooms are being sanitized every 10-15 minutes during events.
- Socially distanced seating and limited capacity have been implemented to ensure the safety of all.
- Employees and volunteers will be wearing masks at all times during events.
- Employees and volunteers are required by GLCFA to take their temperature and complete a COVID-19 Workplace Health Screening worksheet upon entering the venue. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will be sent home.
- Wear your mask in all common areas or when passing within 6’ of others.
- Please adhere to 6′ distancing while in the venue.
- Be sure to bring your printed tickets to the event with you.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home. Refunds or exchanges will be issued to anyone unable to attend due to an illness or exhibiting symptoms when they arrive including a temperature above 100.3.
- Take advantage of sanitizing stations located throughout the venue.
COVID-19 WARNING: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Great Lakes Center for the Arts you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Great Lakes Center for the Arts or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
All patrons are being asked to agree to an additional liability release waiver during their online ticket transaction. Click here to view the online waiver.
We are committed to the safety of our guests, artists, volunteers, and employees while providing world-class and socially distanced entertainment in Northern Michigan. Under the masks, we will be smiling as we safely welcome you!